HISTORY OF CARS
- The first steam-powered automobile capable of human transportation was built.
Francois Isaac de Rivaz
- Designed the first car powered by an internal combustion engine fueled by hydrogen.
- Invented the lead–acid battery
- built the first gasoline powered combustion engine, which he placed on a pushcart,
- building four progressively more sophisticated combustion-engine cars over a 10-to-15-year span that influenced later cars.
- created the two-cycle combustion engine.
- Introduced a four-cycle
- Gasoline-powered engine
- Ingenious carburetor design and magneto ignition
- He created an additional two models further refining his design with steering, a clutch and a brake.
- developed a petrol or gasoline powered automobile.
- This is also considered to be the first "production" vehicle as Benz made several other identical copies.
- was powered by a single cylinder four-stroke engine.
Ford Motor Company
- Ford Model T,created on five years prior, became the first automobile to be mass-produced on a moving assembly line
- Ford had produced over 15,000,000 Model T automobiles